Finally.....kits!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macksmom98

Reaction score
Ok RT family, the blessed event has finally occurred! Our "Bronco" is having babies the same day our favorite team is playing in the big game! It has to be good luck, and we have waited soooo long! Go Denver Broncos!

So far just one kit. But we are calling it a win. It's healthy and she's covered it well and pulled a ton of hair, and has all it's body parts in the right places:). But last time this hapenend her mom had a stuck one and delivered more the next day, so I am holding out hope there may be more.
This kit isn't big, as if it was an only kit. And there isn't much blood. So it doesn't appear she had more and ate them. We live in TX and the low will be 46 so I think this little guy will be ok by himself, but we are keeping good eyes on them:). It was a big surprise because we just sold our buck because he hadn't produced and had been trying since Sept.
Guess he finally got the job done! But not too disappointed because so far the litter is small....

It is hard for just one to keep itself watm, even with that temperatures. Also, if I am not mistaken, little kits need its littermates to stimulate (by wiggling around) their digestion - if it remains just one, you will need to "potty" him like little kittens.

I brought it inside since we will be gone all day.
Should get in the 60's but no reason to let it get too cold.
When you say "potty" him do you mean wiping it's booth or is that referring to something else? My last experience only included a littler,
never just one so advice is appreciated!

Huh....interesting....we have gently pet ours,
I wonder how soon this is supposed to happen?

Nika":1g0bjh3h said:
Normally,the mom help it babies to stimulate peeing by licking the babies, but that seems unlikely to me..

Our theory here at RT is that it is the movement of the kits against one another that stimulates them to potty.

Ah gotcha:). I hope I find some siblings for it when I get home from work, what are the odds she will have more? <br /><br /> -- Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:54 pm -- <br /><br /> Ok, this kit is peeing and pooing. And looks chubby so I think it's so eaten. Do I have to continue to "potty" it or it should be ok now? Looked like it had a scratch on it's eye, hoping that's also nothing serious...

Latest posts

Back