People using website frustrations

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
feeling a touch frustrated tonight.

guess it's been one too many people lately who contact me through my website asking questions that they should be able to answer just by paying attention to what I have on my site.

is it just laziness???? Just makes me wonder sometimes...

They see cute babies, don't bother to read. It's a common trend, I point them back to the site and ask them to please review and ask specific questions to clarify what I've already listed that they do not understand. If they get huffy, I really didn't want to deal with them in the first place...after all if they cannot read some lines of text about price, age, sales policy THEN ask questions to clarify issues for them I don't feel good about sending a rabbit with them. Makes me wonder if they'd bother to read feeding/care instructions or even the information on feed bags.

It is just "human nature",
part of what is to be expected when dealing with "humans"
I find it amazing that our race has survived this long-- how could this have happened?
the only answer I can come up with, is-- divine intervention.....

I have tons of information on my website and I LOVE IT when people allude to things they learned on it.

And most of the time I can take the "you went to my website but obviously didn't look it" people with a grain of salt..

But I've had five people in three days pull the same stunt... and it just got to me.. it's like GAH!!!! Can't you read?????

Can't you look at pictures and go OH.. there are NO grey bunnies pictured on ANY of her webpages.. she probably doesn't have that grey shade of rabbit...

Perhaps.. just perhaps I could ask if she might know someone who breeds them... but to ask "OH, do you have a grey rabbit that looks JUST LIKE THIS PICTURE".. and then gets upset when you say "no. The bunnies I have can be found (this website page) here". THEN if I know someone who breeds that colour I can direct them on....

People shouldn't get upset that I don't breed the colour they want. They should simply check things out and either be interested, OR move on... perhaps to checking out breeder links to see if someone there has what they are looking for.

Okay.. rant over now.... :)

I get irritated if it's basic things like prices that don't change or no I don't send cages with my small animals you idiot but a lot of people don't update websites well so you can never trust the info on them. I send emails even if I don't see what I want and sometimes if I do see what I want I still repeat the question to be sure. Maybe ask if there will be a future possibility I can be informed of. I'm waiting out the color of cockatiel I want from someone. It's really irritating when I want to confirm some info and possibly discuss it in more detail and I get told to go back to the website when I've already read it but am not certain of that info in my specific situation. A parrot rescue I wanted to volunteer at just did that to me. I sent an email of my experience and my health limitations and got told to go read the volunteer info on the website that I've gone through 3 times. If they are not interested in talking to me, I am not interested in helping them.

THAT would be a problem. If you ask a specific question you SHOULD get a specific answer.

I always answer the question AND direct them to where it is on my website. :) EVEN IF it frustrates me sometimes, I guess I forget that not everyone is as diligent as I am at updating their website, though with the dates shown on my site, it should be obvious. :)

and to be honest.. it's when they get upset that bothers me the most.

I'm polite, I answer questions, don't get mad at me because you want some colour of rabbit that I don't care to breed at this point in my rabbity life.

ladysown":29hyb43p said:
feeling a touch frustrated tonight.

guess it's been one too many people lately who contact me through my website asking questions that they should be able to answer just by paying attention to what I have on my site.

is it just laziness???? Just makes me wonder sometimes...

Glad to hear it's not just me. I think it's two things: laziness and entitlement. Too lazy to read, and too busy being special to realize that I don't have the time to tell you everything in a private email that I've taken the time to lay out in my Facebook page, website and classified ads. It makes me sad. But...I like the idea of redirecting back and asking for specific questions related to my page that someone needs clarification on. I think I'll try that. :)

Two words; craigs list :roll:

Can't tell you how many times I list something very clear on there only to be asked a question that is already clearly stated in ad. Especially "how much??" It's erm... it's right there... right where it says price. :|

Back