Honey Roasted Rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jinxy52

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

I don't know if this recipe is already posted here, but I couldn't find it and I just had to share. My family and I are very new to raising meat rabbits and I finally had a chance to cook one up. We loved it! Our ten year old sucked it down and went back for seconds, heck we all did. :lol:

Recipe as follows:

Ingredients:
1 whole rabbit or cut up
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon curry powder

Directions:
1: Arrange meat in shallow baking dish.

2: Mix all other ingredients.

3: Baste frequently with mixture while cooking. Note: I put all of the liquid in the pan with the rabbit, came out super moist!

4: Bake at 350°F for hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. Note: I set my timer for 15 minutes at a time to make sure that I went back and flipped the pieces to not only cook evenly, but make sure that they were properly coated with the liquid.

Made this the other night and it is a great recipe. I had thawed out a rabbit, cut it up, and let it soak in water for 12 hours before preparing as per the recipe. I used Dijon mustard as was not sure what type of mustard the original recipe called for. Turned out very good and it is definitely a keeper recipe. It had a tad bit of a burn to it, but that may have been the black pepper or was it the curry?. I might reduce that some next time as the wife does not like things with too much heat. Thanks for posting this recipe.

My hubs made this for dinner last night and it was fantastic! He wanted to kick up the flavor an extra notch, so he replaced the black pepper with a little red pepper for a smoky, slightly warmer taste. So. Good.

I use a similar recipe.

Salt , pepper and drown in honey ... letting it marinate overnight then throw it on the grill.

You can use the same recipe and wrap each piece in bacon & then in tinfoil and grill.

Today I put all the loins in a baking dish, used 1 stick of butter, 1/3 cup of honey, Adobo seasoning, some red pepper flake, and 3 tbsp honey mustard for the sauce. I have it in the oven right now covered in tinfoil, and going to cook it for an hour. Will serve with rice. I'll post back and let ya'll know how my greasy honey loins were.

Latest posts

Back