Happy New Year as we begin RabbitTalk's 7th Year

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaggieJ

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
It's hard to believe that RabbitTalk is entering its seventh year, but the Twirly Stars don't lie. Time flies when you're having fun!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank everybunny who has helped make RabbitTalk such a wonderful and helpful community. When MidnightCoder (my son David) first suggested that I might like to have my own rabbit forum and said that he'd build the website for me, I envisioned a forum where rabbit people of all types could meet and exchange views and advice. A lot of people thought it couldn't be done--that the goals of rabbit owners who raise rabbits as pets or for show are too different from those who raise rabbits for meat. But it seemed to me that what all rabbit people had in common should outweigh the differences in goals and we decided to give it a try . . .

So here we are, over six years later, and with the help, support and goodwill of RabbitTalk members, we have achieved that community spirit. We couldn't have done it without you!

A special thank-you goes out to those members who have made it possible for us to continue by donating funds to offset the increasingly high operating costs. We do appreciate your ongoing support, and we rely on it to keep RabbitTalk afloat.

Wishing you all a very happy 2016 and much good fortune and prosperity in all you do!

alforddm":2mxsu9vn said:
Here to many more years for RabbitTalk!

:cheer1: :cheer2:
:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:
Yes! All that! :cheer1: :cheer2: :cheer1:
It was just about a year ago, that I donated the last of my chickens to someone's freezer.
A couple months later, I was missing the routine and thinking about quail. My wife said, "You should do rabbits." I found RabbitTalk. Y'all got me headed in the right direction, and after a long hot summer, I have my first two litters growing and doing well.
Thanks to everyone! And don't go away... I still have a lot to learn! :lol:

This place is a sanctuary of sanity on the internet when it comes to rabbits.

That is completely due to Maggie, the mods, and the awesome members. I consider myself very, very fortunate to have found RT.

Happy New Year to you all, and to RabbitTalk! Six years ago, I did not imagine that I would be a part of something like this from nearly the very beginning (I hesitated and lurked for the first month, waiting to see where it would go before joining). I think it was just over a year old when I became a Mod. It's been amazing to watch this place grow into what it is now!

Thank you all for your patience as we learned and figured out how to deal with stuff like drama on the board.

And thank you all for helping keep RT the "sanctuary of sanity" it is, and Marinea said!

Happy Sixth Anniversary, RabbitTalk!!!

I was so excited four years ago when I stumbled upon RabbitTalk- I knew right away that this was a very special place, so much so that it was the very first forum I ever joined.

There is such a wealth of knowledge here, and our members are always so willing to share what they know in a friendly and respectful way.

I am proud to be a member of RabbitTalk, and feel very honored to be a part of the Moderating team. Thanks to all of our wonderful members, we Mods rarely get to do anything more serious than ban those pesky UK Kitchen remodeling companies. :roll:

MamaSheepdog":1dkbf134 said:
Thanks to all of our wonderful members, we Mods rarely get to do anything more serious than ban those pesky UK Kitchen remodeling companies. :roll:
That and swinging chairs and shooting lasers at poor unsuspecting, undeserving regular members. :p

michaels4gardens":1dkbf134 said:
I was amazed at how civil "almost" everyone is...
Someone has to keep us on our toes Michael. :lol:

Miss M":9gdp0xpx said:
Homer":9gdp0xpx said:
That and swinging chairs and shooting lasers at poor unsuspecting, undeserving regular members. :p
Oh, are you still sore? 'Cause you sure weren't undeserving. :twisted:

Undeserving? Undeserving? :rotfl:

Naming no names (Homer!), some of our members do require a bit of gentle discipline periodically... just to remind them to behave themselves and accord our stellar Moderating Team the respect they deserve. *Sniff!*

Miss M":39qq9i8j said:
Homer":39qq9i8j said:
Oh, are you still sore? 'Cause you sure weren't undeserving. :twisted:
What ever are you talking about? :angel:

MamaSheepdog":39qq9i8j said:
Undeserving? Undeserving? :rotfl:

Naming no names (Homer!), some of our members do require a bit of gentle discipline periodically...

And we like it! :twilightzone:

:stirpot2:

I have learned so much from all of you over the last year as I began seriously considering raising rabbits. I finally took the plunge this past August and have loved every minute with my buns. Were it not for Maggie's vision, this place wouldn't be here. Though I only have a single "twirly star" at this point, I'm not going anywhere. I'm learning new things nearly every day. And it's a great comfort to know that if I run across something I don't understand that there is somebunny here to direct me.

I do enjoy this site although I don't spend as much time here as I would like. It's nice to keep in touch with some great people that I've known for many years now going back to HT and I was pleased to receive an invitation from Maggie to join this new forum when it was started. It really does seem to be an island of civility in the ocean that is the internet and I'm sure the mods deal with a lot of stuff that we mere members have no idea about.

Happy New Year to everyone and thanks to Maggie, MidnightCoder and the other mods who have provided a friendly place to come to and continue to sweep out the corners, empty the garbage pails and clean the desks off to give us a clean and comfortable place to come and discuss our rabbits and other interests.

I don't think I would have gotten this far without RT's help. It's the only truly civil rabbit forum or online group I've come across. This forum is just like a big happy family that is obsessed with rabbits! I love this forum and "almost" (JK, haha) all it's members to death! Even though I only have one "swirly star" I don't really remember life without RT. It has impacted and shaped my rabbitry into what it is today, and I couldn't have done it without my friends here.

I love my Rabbit Talk family!

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Happy New Year!

To everyone in the RT world, you all make this a very comfortable place to be.
I am very glad MaggieJ and MidnightCoder built this sanctum sanctorum for us, that our amazing mods do such a fantastic job, and finally, that the rest of us are the best kind of crazy around.

:thankyou:

3mina":2r123cqx said:
... and finally, that the rest of us are the best kind of crazy around.
Hey! I resemble that remark. Well, maybe not "the best" but crazy just the same.
p0803.gif

Homer":6q9yj1gu said:
3mina":6q9yj1gu said:
... and finally, that the rest of us are the best kind of crazy around.
Hey! I resemble that remark. Well, maybe not "the best" but crazy just the same.
p0803.gif
When she's right, she's right. Y'all are the best kind of crazy we could wish for. :hooray:

Of course you're the best kind of crazy Homer, I'm not certain how MidnightCoder did it but I'm pretty sure he came up with a filter that lets in only our type of craziness.
Otherwise, our magnificent mods would have tons more work and this place wouldn't be nearly as comfy.

Latest posts

Back