Someone make me these

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
I think this is beyond our carpentry skills. I think the first set are rabbits and some other sets are guinea pigs.

Maybe if I find a cabinet maker..........

Very nice!

The first pic shows that it's actually 2 hole wide sections connected after the fact. I think you coud do it. We actually built a single piece 16' long bookcase to replace a stair banister/railing and the hardest part was the final fitting.

Build you a 2x4 bottom frame to get the box off the ground. Build the first 6 hole box, and add your floors. Then add your hole dividers, which will support the floors, especially since they look like 2'x2' cages. Then your front doors, cut to fit the openings. If you take precise measurements, making all the boxes the same size shouldn't be that tough. Stain and connect the boxes. A heck of a lot of work, but doable, I think, if time is taken on the measurements.

Those are lovely! Looks like there are another set on the left too. I have some Giant Checkers I'd love to run on that counter (cage sizes too small for them, but I could certainly modify that if I could have the space to do it in)!

My oh my oh my!

If my rabbitry looked like that, I'd take pictures too!!!

How wonderful!

I can't get over how clean it is! My kitchen should look so clean!

And look at how much room there is!

Don't know whose setup this is but congratulations are in order.

:congratulations:

I didn't fully understand the setup. Something about some boards are removed to clean. Then she puts liners on the bottom so they are lifted out and trashed with any absorbent material on them. I could put my slat floors in them to lessen what needs removed and composted instead of producing more garbage.

Excellent workmanship on all three units. I would imagine that
these are beyond the capabilities of most folks on this site,
or, any other site for that matter. Except a woodworkers' site.

"""IF""" one would take exact measurements, make a cutting list
counting the number of pieces for each unit and set their equipment
up to make each piece times the number of units to be made, the
project would NOT be that hard to assemble.

The "catch" to the whole thing is having the equipment to do the
job properly to begin with.

Confidence would play a major role in the success or failure on taking
on a job of this magnitude.

Actually, I could build that. I am a cabinetmaker. I've been doing it for nearly 35 years, and I have built all kinds of unique items. But, as someone else already pointed out, cleaning those would be a nightmare.

Edited to add:
If I'm not mistaken, that is a solid surface countertop on the right side. I also am qualified to build those. I make most of the solid surface tops at the shop where I work.

My husband wants to trying building those solid surface countertops to his own specifications in the kitchen instead of what we have. Last week he was cursing at a 4x4' plywood box.... I'm not getting involved....

akane":51zdjr97 said:
My husband wants to trying building those solid surface countertops to his own specifications in the kitchen instead of what we have. Last week he was cursing at a 4x4' plywood box.... I'm not getting involved....

Many of the solid surface brands won't sell their sheet goods to someone who hasn't been through their training process. They do that because of warranty issues. If the material is handled incorrectly, the warranties are void. The suppliers have spent a lot of money in past years defending themselves against warranty claims that were made on work done by non-qualified mechanics. It isn't really all that difficult. But, the material is a bit more brittle than people imagine. The brittleness isn't an issue after it has been correctly installed. But, during the fabrication process, special care must be taken to prevent breakage. Be forewarned that it is very heavy, and crisp edges can be a cutting hazard. I'd recommend wearing gloves when picking up large pieces to prevent serious injury. If your husband runs up against any questions, PM me and I'll be happy to assist.

I think this type of housing is more common in Europe where there are more regulations on housing. It is beautiful and I'd be proud to have it. You definitely couldn't have too many rabbits in order to keep the cage floors clean. LOL

Back