any ideas as to what type(s) of bunny I have?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackiedinh1992

Reaction score
I'd just like to know, any info is appreciated! Here she is at 6 months old I think

Attachments

• PhotoEditor-1450735639259.jpg
    PhotoEditor-1450735639259.jpg
    485.7 KB · Views: 1,228
Her colour is called black tortoiseshell or "tort" for short

She doesn't have any distinguishing characteristics and is most likey a mix of two or more breeds.

How much does she weigh?

Can you post a picture of her in show poses to help get an idea of her bone structure?

she weighs about 2.5-3 lbs (has been getting fatter lol)

Attachments

• 1450834712066.jpg
    1450834712066.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 1,193
If she is that light she likely a mix of one of the small breeds, Netherland Dwarf (ND) being one of the most common, but Mini Rex, Lion Head, Mini Satin, Polish, Tans and Britania Petites are other possibilities.

Her head looks fairly blocky, similar to a ND, but her body frame seems to be more racy like a Tan or Brittania Petite and I have seen many maneless Lion Heads with this bone structure and think this is what she is, or possibly a LionHead X ND

Thanks! Thats alot more info than I expected to received much appreciated. Do you know if the breeds you mentioned are aggressive? Because my bunny fights my dog and bites him alot

Netherland dwarfs do have a reputation of being "feisty" ;) I had one who would attack and draw blood on my families Wire-hairedFox Terriers :shock:, she also attacked my sisters ankles :D

I would say poorly bred Netherland Dwarf. Female rabbits of breeding age (4-6 months and older) can become hormonal and more aggressive. Be careful if the rabbit is attacking your dog that the dog doesn't decide to fight back.

Back