Cooking tips

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
Rabbit Hints and Tricks

Here are some tips from the Syndicat des producteurs de lapins du Quebec for making the most of your rabbit:

- ¦A rabbit weighing between 1.2 and 1.6 kg makes six portions: two saddles, two thighs and two front legs.

- ¦Either cooked or raw, rabbit meat freezes very well.

- ¦Rabbit meat can be grilled, roasted, braised, fried or barbecued. It also makes great terrines and pates, and the liver and kidneys are delicious.

- ¦It takes 60 to 90 minutes to cook rabbit meat at 325F (160C).

- ¦Rabbit can easily be used in recipes calling for chicken, turkey and veal.

- ¦As rabbit is a lean meat, it is important to baste it often when roasting to avoid it drying out.

- ¦When barbecuing rabbit, marinate the meat first or baste it with a mix of lemon juice and olive oil with herbs. Grill it first on high heat, than continue to cook it on medium heat for a further 40 to 45 minutes with the lid closed.

- ¦Fresh herbs marry very well with rabbit meat. Try basil, bay leaf, rosemary, thyme, marjoram and sage. It also works well with wine-based sauces and fruit sauces made with raspberry, pear and apple.

Now I get the exact idea about the cooking tips. It is very much helpful for me, good and very best. Now I aware about the preparing the best recipe for the quit rabbits and also it best food for the rats.

Here is the another General cooking tips: For safety, cook rabbit until it reaches 160 degrees F.Excellent rabbit seasonings include parsley, rosemary, sage, bay leaf, lemon-grass, coriander, and basil,Rabbit may be soaked in a marinade of sugar or honey, red wine, or olive oil seasoned with herbs,Fryer rabbit can replace chicken in almost any recipe, but if you’ve never cooked rabbit before, it’s a great idea to start with a trusted recipe.

Latest posts

Back