Delicious Rabbit Stew

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tagra123

Reaction score
1 2 to 4 lb rabbit
1 Quart Chicken Stock (We always have plenty of this on hand from butchering chickens)
4 Beef Bouillon Cubes or a quart of real beef broth
2 Large Onions
2 Cloves Garlic Minced
8 Large Potatoes
4 Carrots cut in about 4 inch lengths
1 Tablespoon Olive or Veg Oil
Salt & Pepper to Taste

Cut apart rabbit at joints 4 legs, 1 rib, 1 loin leave the bone and and fry with oil until skin is browned.

In a 4 to 5 quart pot, place rabbit, chicken stock, beef bouillon cubes, onions, garlic, salt & pepper in 4 quart pan. Add a quart or two of water and bring to a boil. Turn down to simmer and let simmer for 2 to 3 hours. Remove meat from bones or leave in. I prefer the meat to be boned. About an hour before eating add the carrots and potatoes. Cook on low to medium heat until carrots and potatoes are desired consistency.

Serve with toasted bread.

When finished with all the stew. Use the left over broth as a base for noodle soup. This will easily serve 8 hungry people.

Ooooh! I've been looking for just the right recipe to use with my rabbits in the freezer. This sounds like just the thing. Thanks!

We fixed our first rabbit stew, using some older culled does. It was the best thing I have ever eating :lol: We simple boiled the backs and ribs, deboned,added potatoes, carrots and onions, then added mushroom-onion soup mix. Eat with a loaf of french bread. UMUM :up:

well i dont have any rabbits yet but i decided that i would like to try it again this recipe looks sooo good

thanks alot
Ashley

Here is the another Rabbit stew recipe includes rabbit, onions, celery, carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, and red wine,Here is the Directions for rabbit stew:
Dredge rabbit pieces with 1/2 cup flour. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; brown rabbit pieces on all sides. Add celery, onion, salt, pepper, bay leaf, 4 cups water, and wine; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and simmer rabbit stew for 2 hours. Add carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms; cook for about 25 to 30 minutes longer, or until vegetables are tender. Combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/3 cup water; stir until well blended and smooth. Stir flour mixture into the broth; cook and stir until thickened.
Rabbit stew recipe serves 4.

Latest posts

Back