What the? Why is she biting me?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar

Reaction score
So is was out in the little "exercise" pen that I made my rabbits, (it's really just three pieces of particle board and some old chain link fence on top of a raised garden, with some dirt in it) and well I was holding them warming up their ears and checking for mites or other problems but and I set her down and she came up to me and bit the back of the boots I was wearing and this is the first time she has ever done anything like this! Some of the things on the internet say that it means they like you but the thing is some of those websites don't exactly tell the truth so I thought that I would ask here so I could get strait honest answers.

I have a buck who digs at my pant legs and tugs the fabric when he wants something from me. Mostly food.

I've also had rabbits on my lap start digging and grabbing at my shirt to let me know they had to potty. It only takes being peed on a few times to figure that one out. :roll:

I've been nipped a few times when they were really just trying to grab my clothing. It's pretty easy to tell when it's an attention getting technique or accidental nip, and not a purposeful act of aggression.

What I'm saying is, if you are sure it wasn't territorial aggression, then it sounds to me like she was trying to tell you something.
You will probably have to watch her behavior closely to figure out what she was trying to get you to notice. :)

In human children biting may be due to the

Lack the language skills necessary for expressing important needs or strong feelings like anger, frustration, joy, etc. Biting is a substitute for the messages he can’t yet express in words like:

I am so mad at you

You are standing too close to me

I am really excited

I want to play with you

I was just sitting there and she was on the ground and she came up behind me twice and bit the back of my foot as far as her mouth would fit and I wasn't doing anything. It's just so weird! I know some people say rabbits get moody when they are pregnant and she is currently hutched with a buck but they have never had babies. Is that possible :p!

All of my rabbits are biters, adults and grow-outs. Not in an agresive way, they are just tasting me :) When I go in the grow-out pen all of them come around me and start nibbling on my boots, clothes, etc..

a7736100":175k1t3e said:
If she's housed with a buck, biting might mean she got pregnant.
Really really eeeeeeeeeee! I have been waiting for that!!!!!!!!!!! :p Mmhhm I mean cool :roll: Dang now I have my hopes up :? I palpate her even though I'm helpless in that I thought I felt a little something I guess I'll find out :)

Latest posts

Back