Beginner to showing

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XRochelleX

Reaction score
Hi there,
i have just bought my very first show rabbit!
i have a few questions.
I would love some tips!
i have been doing a lot of online research on what to look for in a rabbit (netherland dwarf show rabbit) but when i see a photo of a good show rabbit, i find it difficult to find faults in them, other than the obvious such as ears being slightly too long. any tips here?
I am in australia. we follow the BRC - British Rabbit Council.
what is the difference between the British Standard and the American standard? <br /><br /> __________ Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:34 pm __________ <br /><br /> Also, is there somewhere i can upload a photo of my bun and have others tell me what they think and what needs to be improved/could be better?

Congratulations and welcome to the world of Netherland Dwarf breeders!! My kids show Netherlands; we love our little buns!! If you are on Facebook, there is a group called "Netherland Dwarf Type Improvement" that has been great for helping me develop my eye. People are welcome to post pictures of their own rabbits and ask for critiques, but be forewarned that the group is serious breeders that will give a truly honest opinion, and some are very blunt. Just watching what others post and practicing my response before reading the responses from others has helped me a lot! Most members are from the US but there are members familiar with other standards and members from other countries.

I will also say that it is hard to tell some things from a photo. I had a great judge at a show recently that showed the kids how to put their hands on a rabbit and feel the conformation. I was surprised how different rabbits felt from what they looked!

Latest posts

Back