Orange that is not really an orange?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedar Point Rabbitry

Reaction score
I have a young doe out of a tri / broken black tort. Siblings are broken orange, tris', charlie tri.

This girl is slightly darker ears and a bit of a darker tail. I tried getting a picture, but it doesn't show up in a picture. The darker bits are barely see-able, unless you know it's there.

Why is that?

Forgot to add that she's a broken. Will go take a look again at her later. <br /><br /> __________ Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:59 pm __________ <br /><br /> Belly is white, underside of tail is white.

She's got a very, very slightly lighter orange ring around her eyes. Barely noticeable. On her nose is a little snip of white.

:yeahthat:

Here is a very smutty fawn I produced, it is not desirable on the showable but since lion lops are not a recognized breed ....yet, it's not a problem :cheesysmile:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 716
No,

factors are not simple dominant or recessive genes - if the rabbit looks sooty then she's got the smut factors and if bred to another smutty rabbit the kits will be most likely be smutty

If bred to a "bright" orange then all, some or none will look smutty - there is no way to know

getting rid of smut requires a chocolate rabbit I was told. I know that my chocolate based tris don't get smut but my others do... but that's due to having the tort in the background.

AT least that's what I've always been told.

Back