We have a new puppy!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fhjmom

Reaction score
Meet our new Great Pyrenees (with a little Anatolian Shepherd) puppy, Tempe! She is 9 1/2 weeks old and weighs right at 20 pounds.

[album]3436[/album] [album]3437[/album] [album]3438[/album] [album]3439[/album]

We went to pick up some used rabbit cages from a person who was selling out. The plan was to buy three cages, but when we got there there were a pair of gorgeous white Great Pyrenees, a female and a big male. Hubby told the lady how much I love Great Pyrs and have always wanted one; next thing I know, her son has this cutie and she is telling my hubby they have three females left from a litter that are 9 weeks old - and they are for sale!! We really didn't need a puppy right now but I knew we would kick ourselves if we passed her up. Plus she was used to being around rabbits! We had to get her!! She is already spoiled rotten and very loved!!

Awww! What a beauty! A GP is top on my list for a future dog. We currently have 3 so not going to happen now. One is 9 years old, one is my son's pup, and one is the mama dog to the pup that just isn't adjusting back since having them this past spring... I am afraid we are going to have to find her another home since she is getting nippy and grumpy (she was a stray that came up... sweetheart of a dog. Had a scar on her belly so we thought she was fixed... found out she most definitely wasn't :roll: We had her spayed a few months after she had the pups thinking that would help reset things but she's just gotten worse :( ).

Anyway, I hope she is an awesome dog for you! DH's cousins have one and I love her... a big baby, but will definitely protect. Another quick story (don't want to hijack) but when my oldest was a baby my MIL had him outside (he was a fussy fussy baby) and Frosty kept going back and bumping her owners leg while he was working in the shop, then walking outside. He finally got the message and followed her. She was alerting him to ODS's crying (they live back behind my ILs, but DH's cousin couldn't hear him from their house... he drove down to check it out).

I think I'd like an Anatolian Shepard. A neighbor in Colorado had one. He would come over to visit and play with our dogs. He was a true gentle giant and would let our dogs maul him without retaliation. <br /><br /> __________ Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:27 pm __________ <br /><br /> A BIG WOW coincidence. We went to Bonner's Ferry Idaho this afternoon to pick up some special cat food from a vet there. On a bulletin board in the entry was an add for Pyrenees/Anatolian puppies. Three left at $800 each.

Back