Mini Lops

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZachsRabbits

Reaction score
So my friend, fernetea, is wondering about the pricing range and quality of mini lops. What are his best options to get the highest number of oranges out of agoutis in his breedings?

If my understanding of orange is correct, it is genetically the same as chestnut but with non-extension genes (ee instead of E-). So if your friend starts with chestnut, they would have to find a ML that carries ee. That could be an orange or a black tort, or even a chestnut that is out of orange. I'm not very familiar with Mini Lop colors to know how difficult it would be to find rabbits of these colors. I know that chestnut is easy to find, but the other colors I'd imagine are less common. This website is one I often refer back to for genetics help: http://www.thenaturetrail.com/rabbit-genetics/ .

For pricing, it depends upon your location and the breeder you purchase from. My friend bred Mini Lops for a while and sold hers for an average of $50 each. Rare colors and show winners sold for more, as much as $100 each.

Back