Winter warmth

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TF3

Reaction score
Trying figure out some extra warmth for winter (northern Ontario).
All drafts will be blocked, and moisture, but cold can be very deep and prolonged.

My cages are various sizes, but in general the doors are too small and space no good for buckets.
I thought maybe nest boxes with straw and have tried a few but they just scatter it all over.

This still seems best, but is an open top box any good for warmth?
Or would something with a top (ie upside down cardboard until they eat it up)?

Is it better to get them off the wire or under a shelter?

L

We placed insulation in the ceiling of the rabbit barn. Plus added tarps to cover the front and back. Putting down hay to cover the wet spots on the floor. Our watering system leaks a little at the nipples so between that and the urine the dirt floor normally absorbs it. Plus when the breeze comes through it helps keep it dry. But with the tarps up that isn't happening. So I'm placing down hay to absorb the extra liquid. Cleaning out weekly.
That's what I'm doing for this winter. Plus adding a shop light next week. That way the rabbits get their 14-16 hours a day. It's an LED daytime light.
Hope this helps,
Cathy

I've given cardboard boxes with about a 6" hole cut in one side. Usually, they just eat them and get on top of them, rather than going inside, but we don't get as cold as you do. :)

Latest posts

Back