Which mineral/salt do you recommend?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used mineral wheels from Klubertanz (just hanging in the hutch) and often a pinch of kelp added to moistened barely (moistened with ACV or something of the like). I'd love to hear what others do when not feeding complete pellets.

I have a huge himilayan pink salt rock from the horse supply. Chip off chunks and hang in the cage. Salt and minerals in one.

Tiny Buns":7426pe59 said:
I have a huge himilayan pink salt rock from the horse supply. Chip off chunks and hang in the cage. Salt and minerals in one.

This is a good idea!
Especially since I already have horses, lol :D

we use chunks off a salt/mineral block for goats--drilled a hole in each chunk and hang them from the top of the cage so the salt isn't touching the wire. And I think that feeding many different plants also helps with minerals.

Rainey":2izxzu71 said:
we use chunks off a salt/mineral block for goats--drilled a hole in each chunk and hang them from the top of the cage so the salt isn't touching the wire. And I think that feeding many different plants also helps with minerals.
What do you hang them with?

Petlover500":ylghwq14 said:
Rainey":ylghwq14 said:
What do you hang them with?

Sorry for being unclear. We hang them with wire but try not to let them touch the cage wire so it doesn't rust out.

Yes. :). Mine is literally a rock with no hole in the middle. Just chip off some chunks and you're ready. I have some rabbits who have licked a deep groove in theirs. Others not so much. They seem to know if they need it.

Latest posts

Back