Rabbit Hutch Name Tags

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petlover500

Reaction score
I was in a particularly crafty mood this afternoon, so I decided to try something!
On the computer, I typed out the rabbits' names in different colors and fonts, and blew them up fairly big. Then I printed them, and wrote with a pen in the same color as the font, their breed, gender, and DOB. Then I cut up some clear paper covers, stapling 3 of the 4 sides. I left one side open so if the rabbit got moved or I didn't have it anymore, I could just slip the paper with their info on it out :p
I only did this because I have a very (very) small rabbitry. (A netherland dwarf, a dutch, a mix, and today i am getting another ND doe :)) It took like 45 minuets just to do three of the tags, lol! Plus my rabbitry is so small I know all their info (besided bdays) off the top of my head.. So i don't really neeeed these. But they were fun to make!

Here are some pics!

On Thumbelina's Hutch:
(she is the top half)
thumbelina name tag hutch.jpg

Easy to slide the paper in and out:
thumbelina name tag.jpg

Pumpkin's Hutch:
(She is in the bottom half. right now I have Daisy's kits on the top half)
pumpkin name tag hutch.jpg

Up close:
pumpkin name tag.jpg

Just thought I would share :D :bunnyhop:
:lilbunny: - Pl

Nice!
That is on my winter to-do list.
I want to laminate the card with name and DOB.
And then use marker to write things like feed etc on the plastic.

Thank you!
I don't really have to label feed because all my buns are on the same thing :D

But another thing to write on the plastic with expo would be like the day I bred my rabbit and the day she was due... :p
*gets more ideas*

I like to write how much feed they get, in case I'm not feeding them (husband, daughter) or had to get someone to help last minute and I couldn't be there.

Yes, breed dates are helpful!
I put the mate, date, date to put in nest box and expected due date :)

Those are beautiful.

We only have wire stackable cages (3 holes per stack). I use those formica sample tags that you find a the home improvement stores. I get a few "tan" color ones. I write their name, color and DOB. For pregnant does I add a second tag with the date bred and date due. I attach them with twisties.

Tags.jpg

jimmywalt":2p1b6cu8 said:
Those are beautiful.

We only have wire stackable cages (3 holes per stack). I use those formica sample tags that you find a the home improvement stores. I get a few "tan" color ones. I write their name, color and DOB. For pregnant does I add a second tag with the date bred and date due. I attach them with twisties.

Those look amazing!!!

i love the tile sample idea! i bought some brightly coloured 4x6 index cards and laminated them and hung them up with badge clips. the marker wipes off with alcohol and they're nice and big so i can put a lot of information on them without crowding it. pink for girls, blue for boys, orange for breeding tags :p

i would love to know if hte marker wipes off the tiles, they're much prettier haha

Hahaha!! Too many buns here for that, but I do mark the j-feeder with sharpie - it does wear off, but I keep a sharpie handy for notes such as breed date, etc.

Here's one of my cage cards

NAME: RANCHO MADONNA
ICONIC
DOE

TATTOO: 6XE0
COLOR: AMBER BROKEN
BREED:REX
DOB: 04.29.2015

SIRE: RM XUBERANT
DAM: RM EXOTIC

I highlight the name with YELLOW so it shows up and I laminate the card & use a 1" metal nood ring to hang it from the feeder.
When the doe is bred I use a sharpie to write the doe's tattoo, the buck's tattoo & the due date on a piece of blue masking tape that I paste on the feeder.
That way I can tell at a glance, when I walk through the rabbitry, who is bred. I make sure they have hay so I can see when they start carrying & need a nest box.

Latest posts

Back