What ND colors do you prefer?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petlover500

Reaction score
I am trying to decide on what color of a buck to buy to breed to my chinchilla ND doe.
What do you guys prefer? The color would have to preferably be showable.
I have considered black, blue, another chinchilla, squirrel, black silver marten, other marten colors, and possibly chestnut.
What do you guys like best?

Thanks,
Pl500

First, choose based on type then color. Netherlands are another VERY competitive breed. After that chinchilla, self chin in black or blue (looks self but really isn't), blue, or black. I would stay far away from any shaded, marten, or otters. Breeding to those can give you unshowables easily if not the entire litter (martinized kits, incorrect ring color, sable chins, etc).

Oh, really? o: I was told by the ND breeder that I bought my doe from that martens were the best.... 0-0

Thanks so much!

Dood":l44gduzh said:
SILVER martens are ok but not sable martens, and you may get self chinchilla which usually have grey eyes and are not showable

Say hello to Dood the genetic expert! :lol:

It's fine to breed otters to chinchillas isn't it?

I don't breed ND but woolys which are basically NDs, and I work with REW, agouti and otters. I can breed the agoutis to my otters without any issues getting non showable colors.

Latest posts

Back