Rex kit opinions please

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lidtfedtkanin

Reaction score
This is a rex doe approximately 2 months old. I would appreciate any opinions on her regarding confirmation and type. She was not posing very well so I apologize ahead of time.

Thank you ahead of time for any input!

22140655095_f16dc62fa2_z.jpg

Attachments

• 22150832231_4622d009fe_z.jpg
    22150832231_4622d009fe_z.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 818
  • 21952795088_03e103c6c1_z.jpg
    21952795088_03e103c6c1_z.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 818
May just be the way she's posed but looks to have pinched hips.

Can you flip her over & get a photo showing the feet in relation to the body ?

I will try to get some this evening. When I flip her over she pulls her feet very close together in the back but they are parallel to each other. She is more then likely a bit narrow. I was excited because her shoulders didn't look to long, but pinched hips aren't good either.

She does have some nice shoulders .... which is a problem point for the breed and something I've struggled with since the beginning.
I've got a couple kits in the nest box that may be part of the solution to that issue but it's real early ....

Maybe its the way she's posed , just appears that the feet are angled outwards ....

To see if she is pinched, run your thumb and forefinger very lightly along either side of her loin and down to her tail. If she is pinched your fingers will come together as you near her tail, forming a V.

From the top photo, it looks to me like she is wide in the loin and down to the tail.

She looks very nice to me- she is nice and wide front to back for a young doe, and rises nicely from the base of the skull. If she was posed a little better, I think she also has really nice depth.

She would be a keeper here.

Back