And the quest continues...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karebru

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
For decent, locally available pellets. :?

This is the floor under one of my feeders after being filled with Manna Pro, "Sho".
The rabbits don't seem to like it much, and their pine shaving litter started smelling funky shortly after I started feeding it. :|

IMG_5506.jpg

Obviously with any pellets, there will be some dust from pellets breaking, etc in the bag, or in the feeder, but I don't get a whole lot from the pellets I use.
I feed the ADM pen pals 16% feed.
At my local feed mill it runs about $15.50 per 50# bag. My rabbits do well on it.

I feed Country Lane 16% rabbit pellets. I get it from Orscheln farm and home. It may not be the best but I know it will always be at the store and I don't have to order a ton of it at a time. Which is a major factor seeing as I don't have the money or space to store that much feed. :x :lol: :lol: http://www.orschelnfarmhome.com/16-rabb ... 76401/cl1/ ($11.99 for 40lbs or $0.30 per Lb before tax)

I've heard of people buying pellets from wal-mart but all I could find was a 25lb bag for $9 ($.36 per Lb before tax). But I don't trust wal-mart to continue caring it and I don't trust their handling of animal food. :x Seen too many horrible things working there.

These prices are from NW Missouri.

Hope this helps,
Cathy

I use Manna Pro Pro, and Mana Pro Gro and find it very good about fines. Now with that said last week I got a bag of Gro that was left over from the week before it was taped at the top. I didn't take it the first time cause you just don't know how much spilled out, and for $20 I want every pellet. The following week that bag remained and I got it cause I had no choice. It turned out to be the worst bag I got from Manna Pro yet. Not only was it loaded with fines like previous used brands, pellets were tiny, and it was also loaded with corn. Funny cause they claim "no corn" in their pellets. I go through 4 bags a week and have been using that feed all year and usually its great, but bad bags happen. I'm wondering if someone else got it and returned it after seeing what it looked like. Just be sure you look at date on bag also, this store carries Sho also and it don't move.

Back