Rabbit Parm

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
I took some rabbit pieces(saddle meat, hind quarters, some legs) and put it in the slow cooker along with a jar of spaghetti sauce and a can of diced tomatoes. Threw some spices in(a few generous shakes of Italian seasoning), and cooked on slow for 9hrs(could probably get away with less time, esp if cooked on high, but it was an old doe I was cooking, and I was going to be out of the house all day).

After cooking, I pulled the rabbit pieces out(the best I could, it was falling off the bone) and layered it into a baking pan. Spooned a bit of sauce over it, and threw on a generous coating of cheese. Broiled it for about 5 minutes, until cheese was brownish.

Served over plain rice(we had cesar salad as a side as well).

Possibly the best rabbit I've ever made. I liked it better than chicken parm, because the rabbit really took in the flavour of the tomatoes.

Debating making a soup with the leftovers - the sauce was waaaaaay runnier than I would have liked, I think because I soaked the rabbit in cold water overnight, so it released a lot of liquid as it cooked.

I just brined 4 loin and belly pieces all day then wrapped fresh picked asparagus inside the belly/loin and held with toothpick. Rolled in flour, egg wash and panko. Then browned in pan of EVOO. Placed in dish with tomato sauce, smothered in cheese and more sauce. Baked at 350 for 30 minutes.

This turned out more tender than our home grown Cornish cross parm recipes. Out of this world!!!!

Latest posts

Back