Finally made some hay racks...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DH stayed in with the kids while I spent about 3.5 hrs doing some much needed "maintenance" for the rabbits... one of the projects I finally tackled was making hay racks for 3 of my hanging cages (the other 3 are currently vacant). I found some random scraps of wire, this being the end of the roll so the one end was badly curled. I went with it. I cut it into thirds, then curled the opposite end so that there were 2 "sides" for the hay rack. At the top those bends were 90* angles or so, and at the bottom I crimped them down the best I could with my bare hands (this was the last thing I did so I was pretty tired). I hooked the longer cut ends into the cage wire to help hold it on and then used some galvanized wire to tie the corners and middle of the bottom to the cage, and voila! Hay racks! It really didn't take all that long, just a little tedious. Still, kicking myself for not doing it sooner of course.

I got to the point where any time I build a new cage, I make a hay rack out of the wire that I cut out for the door.
I know its kinda hard to see in the pictures, but here is a triple stack of 24 by 24 cages I built, and a close up to show the hay rack.

Attachments

• IMAG0891.jpg
    IMAG0891.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 1,070
  • IMAG0887.jpg
    IMAG0887.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 1,070
Back