DBA, BlueHaven--How did your show go this weekend?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sad to say that I was the only one showing Reds/Brokens in the Open (there were two in Youth), so we cleaned house again, but two more judge's opinions are worth it. Once again Rainey held top spot for BOV and BOSV for Broken Red. Rabbit Math happened too--sold a buck and a doe but picked up a NZW buck (ArcticWolfLady named him Clue) as Rainey's future husband. He's three weeks younger than Rainey, but it won't matter til New Year's anyway. When spring shows roll around, I can show him too.

ArcticWolfLady took Trooper to show in the Youth show and he placed first in both shows as Mini Rex Sr. Buck Black! Two blue ribbons for AWL!!! She was so glad she decided to take him!! I was glad too!! In a nice surprise, we found Trooper's breeder at the show, and she was super pleased with how Troops grew up!! I got a picture of the three of them and the blue ribbons.

How did y'all do in IN?

We didn't do as well as I had hoped with some of our Jr mini lops, yet better than I expected with one of them.

Ended up finishing the day with a first and third place for Sr californian doe, got a second place for solid Jr doe mini lop, and a third place for broken Sr mini lop buck. <br /><br /> __________ Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:46 am __________ <br /><br /> Oh, and Code Red was at the show, but I didn't get to see how he did on the table.

Well, I survived, but it was a long day. Rex did not show till way late in the afternoon and we had to have our entries in my 8, so we were there for the day.
I can say I was really relived that the doe I brought did great with the judge as far as behaving goes. I also got a lot more undercoat out of her and though far from perfect it was not as horrid as I had feared. She was the only chocolate there, and was still a jr, so did not do anything as far as placing. The judge liked her hind end real well, but as I have always heard about rex, wanted better shoulders. She set up real nice for him though. She did not stand out as horrid looking or anything (lol). I did manage to win a rabbit print in the raffle, so all was not lost, and got to meet some nice people. I got my litter sexed by another rex breeder (five of seven are males of course) non of the chocolates are girls, but... I do have a nice otter doe in the mix.
I hope they do the order of show different for each show. If not I need to pre enter and come at least a few hours later. Next year I will have more than one little rabbit to show.

Thanks for letting me know about Red Alert!! I hope she placed well--she was always outdone by Rainey (better red/white patterning).

DBA--I'm glad to hear your Lops did well enough and one of them surprised you! Good for you!! Keep it up!!

Bluehaven--I hear you about the long day!! The New Zealands were last on each show, so we were there til the bitter end! Last week the NZ were almost the first up, so I think it varies at each show. I'm glad your Rex doe behaved!

Congratulations to you both!!!!

Latest posts

Back