Looking at doing this trade

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
four wooden nestboxes for one holland lop kit.

They want to do 8 for two but I don't need that many nestboxes.

what would you suggest a wood working student could make for me that would equate one holland lop kit? thinking a rabbit I normally sell for $20-35.

he's a teen, and looks to have done an excellent job with the one nestbox he made so I think he has some basic skills.

Suggestions welcome please...

well, consider that a skilled woodworker cost 100+ an hour....
consider instead what the materials cost, and minimum wage, that sounds like a sheet of wood and 45 minutes?
but it depends on what they are using, I would probably go for more, but I'm greedy

in the end, is trading a Kit, for something that sells for about 10 x 4 a good trade for you?

I'd go with it, it sounds like a fair trade to me. Also, give him a nice deal on a rabbit and he'll more than likely come back for the next one.

Mine love sitting on top of boxes! Thumper has a little wooden house. No bottom, just sides and a top. One side has a hole and a window hole (big enough to pass through). He loves sitting on top of the thing. But then, other than a few bunny berries, he doesn't soil it, either.

You could go with the trade and either keep the extra nest boxes or sell them-I know good quality nest boxes are harder to find in my area so maybe they are in yours to?

i ended up trading four nest boxes for one doe, and then a small grooming/posing rack for another one. I consider that it worked out well.

glad it worked out :) I'm all about barterin when possible - that way every body feels like they got something :)

Latest posts

Back