Off to our first competitive show tomorrow!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ermagerd I'm so ready to go!!

I have no cart and six cat carriers plus my stuff so this should be interesting. And I need to find a tattooist tomorrow, pronto.

Lake-Geauga Show, here we come!! Soaring Goose Rabbits is trying out it's wings!!! Will post pics and results tomorrow.

Next Saturday is the Medina Cty RBA and we'll be going to that too! By then I'll be a pro and my bunnies will be inked!

That sounds like fun! I am somewhat interested in looking into that myself. Are you competing through a 4-H program or are they just local shows?

They are local ARBA shows because I am way too old for 4H!! So far I am competing against myself but am happy that the judge of Show A's comments about my bunch are what I think also. The one ones that I was planning to keep for myself were the ones that took Best of Variety, BOSV, and was told that I have good Reds!
Yay me!
Show B is commencing with a probable show C.

Lol-well I wasn't sure if you were showing yourself or you had kids doing it, but I am glad you are enjoying getting into it. None of my rabbits are pedigreed so I'll need to get some info first but I am going to look into it on their website and see if I can find anything locally:)

When I'm my own competition, I bring home all the blue, red, and white ribbons!! LOL So while my bunch look like a fourth of july parade, I really valued the explanations of the judges!! Lord almighty, Scarlett OHara nearly ate the Class B judge (was placed 3rd, I don't blame the judge). Enderman and Rainey consistently took top of the bunch, over their mother even!! Class B judge thought that Wheatley was a great pick for Megan since their faults balance each other out. All three judges were glad to see someone back in the NZRs, although I had three older breeders say to me, "Yeah, I got into Reds twenty years ago....and got out. You couldn't do anything much with them." Ironically, the first judge told me, "I'll be impressed when someone takes hold of the Reds and Brokens and improves them to the stage that whites are at." She didn't consider making brokens an improvement necessarily since they still had the body types of the current reds. Then she cheekily pointed out which of the NZW on the show table would be my best purchase to beef up the offspring my darling doeling that had been the gem of all the judges eyes today.

I sold my consistent second place doeling; it was more of a horse trade, really. The gal who wanted to purchase her was the proprietor of the rabbit vendor--I list my reds at $40 and her rabbit transport cage was $40, so we swapped!! She went home happy with a jr. doe and I went home happy with a rabbit transporter!!!

MSD, I cannot tell you how thankful I am that you posted your 'first show' thread!!! It made life so much less confusing and easier, although I was still confused half of the time!! For all those who haven't showed yet, cat cages suck, but if it's what you've got then be sure you can easily take the cage apart to remove the rabbit. DO NOT TAKE IT THROUGH THE DOORWAY UNLESS YOU WANT NEW SLASHES IN YOUR ARMS. My arms are a mess! Also, very important but not life or death, BRING A WAGON/DOLLY. And food for yourself. And read this thread: topic5766.html

I look forward to Medina next Saturday. Now that I know what's in my barn, it'll be nice to compete against other Reds and see how we stack up!!

Back