How to hold salt wheels (cheap and easy)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmywalt

Reaction score
Just wanted to share how we attach salt wheels inside our rabbit cages.

Dollar Tree sells a 12 pack of shower curtain holders for $1.00. These are cheap and they work great!

I see that some farm stores sell just one of these in a package for $.89 next to their salt wheels. WOW what a profit for them!

Hope this helps some of you!

Attachments

• SaltHook01_resize.jpg
    SaltHook01_resize.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,926
  • SaltHook02_resize.jpg
    SaltHook02_resize.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 1,926
Bless you JimmyWalt! Seriously.
I went to buy salt/mineral wheels & holders recently and chose not to buy the holders because I couldn't believe what was being charged for such a little thing. I figured there had to be a cheaper alternative. Well you just provided it. :) THIS is a perfectly wonderful idea and we have multiple Dollar Tree stores close by. So glad I didn't pay for some at a farm store. I will be picking these up this week.
:thankyou:

alforddm":26vm23vy said:
If found them at walmart. I think they were 12 for 98cents

What section does that fall under in wally world?? I defo have a walmart (two actually, lol)

Sali":3qrmnh1n said:
alforddm":3qrmnh1n said:
If found them at walmart. I think they were 12 for 98cents

What section does that fall under in wally world?? I defo have a walmart (two actually, lol)

Look in the bathroom furnishings..... where they sell towels, bathroom stuff and shower curtains.

alforddm":2rm319g0 said:
:yeahthat: It was by the shower curtains and rods. You have to look carefully they are in a smallish package. I almost missed them.
Just agreeing - this is also where I found them at my local Walmart. They work perfectly! <br /><br /> -- Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:55 pm -- <br /><br />
alforddm":2rm319g0 said:
:yeahthat: It was by the shower curtains and rods. You have to look carefully they are in a smallish package. I almost missed them.
Just agreeing - this is also where I found them at my local Walmart. They work perfectly!

WhWRabbitry":3n230yel said:
alforddm":3n230yel said:
Just agreeing - this is also where I found them at my local Walmart. They work perfectly!

-- Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:55 pm --

alforddm":3n230yel said:

thanks, found them right away because of y'all mentioning this. :lol:

It was such a small baggy but they are the best mineral holders I ever had hands down.

I like to purchase loose trace mineral salt and offer it in a small crock, since it's less likely to corrode my galvanized wire.

Back