5 days?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnyd883

Reaction score
how long have you ever tried to breed and she didnt lift? ive tried to breed this doe for 5 days and she still wont lift :oops:
anybody got any tips to make her lift??????

number of things you can try.

- switch cages of the buck and doe
- apple cider vinegar in the water
- wheat germ added to feed
- patience
- stretching the vent area a couple of times

you also need to consider her age, her health, time of day etc

Yes, I have had this happen with young and old does. One thing I found that helped is the Apple Cider Viniger and leaving the lights on longer during the winter months. I have also tried lifting dos for the buck, my experiance from doing this I got abot 50% conception. My best results were with adding extra light for the winter months. Just keep trying, spring is near longer days and warmer days it will happen. Good luck

shes right at 8 months; ive had her 2 months; i try in the late evening<br /><br />__________ Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:19 pm __________<br /><br />how much apple cider vinegar would you put in a 2 litter bottle to make her breed?

I have a satin I've been trying to breed since September...ugh.

I add ACV to the water at a TBL per gallon, but I've heard 2 is good too. I would add anywhere between 1/2 and 1 TBL to a 2 liter bottle. I have noticed a huge improvement in my all of my does' receptivness. I also use lights. There is the camp that says you don't need them and the camp that says you do. I can go without lights for a week and nobody will breed. I turn them on and 3 or 4 days later they will. I do about 15 hours a day.

I used to breed in the evening, but have found that early morning breedings go much smoother. I breed before feeding. If your does are hungry and you put them in a bucks cage that has food, she will often decide that it is a free meal.

All good pointers: ACV, early morning breeding, lights if possible. A nice sunny morning never hurts either.

I'd also add some dark leafy greens (parsley, carrot tops, dandelions) to her diet and a couple of teaspoons of raw wheat germ (or 5-6 drops of wheat germ oil) over her food. Vitamin A and Vitamin E are important for breeding and they can both be lost from feed during storage over time or from heat.

congrats! Let us know what comes of it after due date. What did you do that worked? Or did she just decide to stop being stubborn? LOL

Back