What breed this this little bunny?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmywalt

Reaction score
What breed is this little bunny, or what does it most resemble?

I'm guessing Netherland Dwarf possibly.

Thank you.

01.JPG
02.JPG
03.JPG
04.JPG
05.JPG

Looks like a silver marten maybe something else crossed in there. I used to have buck that looked just like him :D

I'm thinking, black otter colored mix breed.

Ears are way way too long for anything close to a netherland dwarf.
Silver martins are chinchilla based, and that one is agouti based, you can tell because of the brown fur behind the neck and tan colored belly trim.
He's missing the rufus or wideband to be an actual tan, and I think, even a 1/2 tan should have more rufus expressed than that guy has. :shrug:

Maybe a lop cross ?

When I first saw the images my initial thought was some sort of lop cross as well. Love those ears!

He also looks like he has some of the larger features of a big breed too (those EARS!), though exactly what I wouldn't have a clue cx

i would have to say this

generic mixed breed kiddo.

Doesn't look enough like a holland lop cross. he's probably got four or five breeds in him.

So this colour is called black otter? I Have a kit just like that (from broken black x red) and I googled it for the last few days but none of the rabbits was exactly like that - except this one:)

see the brown triangle behind the head? that's the giveaway for being a black otter. If it's grey/silver.. called silver Marten.

Black Otter :) Used to get a lot of that color!

Breeds could include: Netherland Dwarf, Mini Lop, Holland Lop ( but only very slightly) could have english lop for all we know with those ears :lol: Looks like he has a "full arch" breed in there somewhere as well.

I definitely see Netherland Dwarf in that bun though :)

My guess would be a lop/dwarf cross... The ears are big for a dwarf but it is possible. I have seen huge ears out of my lionlops even if the lionhead parent had itty bitty ears. But then again thats just what came to my mind.

His color is definitely black otter but without knowing his size and age, it is difficult to make any good guesses on breed. As for being just a bunny, he's very cute though. :)

Latest posts

Back