Hazel the Havana doe [pictures] To spay or not to spay?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sealassie

Reaction score
Hi! This is my first ever rabbit, Hazel. She has a really sweet temperament from what I've seen so far. She's 4 months old and I think I will eventually get her spayed, does anyone more experienced have input on this? I would not breed her and she is not around other rabbits, but the risk of uterine cancer makes me think it might be a good idea anyway.
Thank you! I have really enjoyed reading some of the threads on here and they have been super informative.

Attachments

• tumblr_ntnwduZnFw1tcsiw1o6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_ntnwduZnFw1tcsiw1o6_1280.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 1,880
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 12.43.22 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 12.43.22 pm.png
    327.9 KB · Views: 1,880
:hi: Sealassie!

What a lovely little rabbit!

sealassie":27ryejbr said:
She's 4 months old and I think I will eventually get her spayed, does anyone more experienced have input on this?

I don't, but someone will be along shortly to give you advice, I'm sure. :)

She is beautiful - I find Havanas to be so attractive...

What a lovely pet you have!

(Sorry that I can't answer your question, but I figured I could at least compliment your bun!)

- Ant Farm

Sealassie,

I edited your title in the hope that you will get more responses to your question about spaying Hazel.

Yes I would get her spayed. No risk of uterine cancer and you can get her a friend if you ever want to.

Call a vet and ask if they've done rabbits before and if so, what's their mortality rate. It should be very very low (1% I believe?). If you find a good vet it's a relatively low risk surgery.

And then she can live 10 years with no risk of uterine cancer, will have better litter habits, less moody, no false pregnancies, etc.

Thank you so much guys!! I really appreciate it. I'll start looking into surgeons for her :)

Back