Bug4H and I went to our first rabbit show yesterday

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOWsMom

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
PeterboroughFair.jpg

We lucked out in that the Peterborough Fair offers a "Pet" category - and George was given 1st place - for the shortest fur ! His fur markings would DQ him from a regular class, but Bug was eager to see what a judge thought of him and to get to show him off :D

There were 130+ rabbits there, so we got to see LOTS of different rabbits, and I got to clerk for the show so was able to listen and watch as the judge went through each variety.

It was a long day, but well worth every minute for us.

woot_zpslwlaquwt.gif
Way to go Bug and George!
:congratulations: :greatjob:

:congratulations: Bug and George!!!

HOWsMom":2rlnxcbo said:
We lucked out in that the Peterborough Fair offers a "Pet" category - and George was given 1st place - for the shortest fur !

I bet that wasn't all- I have commented before on how shiny and clean he is, which speaks of very good health, so no doubt that was part of it. He sure is a handsome little bun! :D

HOWsMom":2rlnxcbo said:
I got to clerk for the show so was able to listen and watch as the judge went through each variety.

Good for you! That is a wonderful way to learn, and the clubs and judges really appreciate the help.

Aw that sounds like such fun! He even won a ribbons - congrats!

Each bunny in the pet category got it's own 1st place ribbon for something - shortest fur, longest fur, biggest rabbit, smallest rabbit, longest ears (a lop with an ear span of over 22" !!).

I actually really enjoyed clerking for the show - it was SO interesting to me to see and hear how the judge ranked the rabbits and why :D

Maybe one day, we'll have a show-quality rabbit to take to a show :D Until then - we'll just haunt the local ones :D

I know I said congrats at the show, but congrats again!!

It was nice to get a chance to talk to you two a bit, as well :)

Congrats!!! My kids love rabbit shows. It has been a while since we have been to a show (since the middle of June) and they are all asking, "When is the next show??" LOL!! Just be prepared!

Latest posts

Back