Odd Doe Behavior

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baefull.wolfbunnies

Reaction score
Hey guys,

The last couple of days my Beveren Doe Blue Pouff has been acting weird. She has been exceptionally twitchy and grumpy, to the point of snapping at my arm (catching it through a sweatshirt and giving me a bunny bite sized bruise). Today I went out to give them their afternoon water and some sunflower seeds (the pouring sound you hear in the video) and she was making weird noises. I've only heard these types of noises from cavies and I'm curious as to what it means.

Both does have rather round bellies, but so does my buck; I think I'm just feeding them too much. I have massaged their bellies to stave off any gut stoppage. They got un-shucked/freezer-burned corn on the cob two days in a row and I've read that the husk can cause gut problems if eaten too often.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/DUidsPkrqzc[/youtube]

Can you guys see the video?

It means "I'm cranky". LOL
I hear it when they are hormonal-- just bred and telling buck to get lost, feeling protective of kits, annoyed with me or another rabbit...
She is gorgeous!!

Zinnia":373iwmx4 said:
Hormonal for sure. You sure her hutch mate is a doe, right?

Ok. Hormonal I can deal with, sick I can't. The white one is a doe, the cinnamon is a buck. I am trying to do a colony of meat rabbits.

TF3":373iwmx4 said:
She is gorgeous!!

Thanks. I was told that she is a product of the previous owners attempt at breeding Angora's into their Beveren lines for disease resistance.

Would there be a reason that the other doe would be tugging on the other's tail?

They've been together nearly two months, but I've had them on the property in sight and smell of eachother for nearly a year. I put a nest box in yesterday but so far just a lot of chin rubbing from all three. They've all been taking turns sitting either inside or near it.

Back