Is this ear natural?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Ears

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but is it normal for a rabbits ear to look like this?

I am fostering a baby rabbit that I took in yesterday. My friends cousins were not taking very good care of it, and naturally the kids got tired of it and the parents didn't want to deal with it. Anyway long story short I ended up with the rabbit and am trying to find it a new home. She is quite the sweetheart, and can't be more than six months I'm guessing...
I'm thinking she is mini rex by the nose and fur texture. The original owners got her at the flea market, and new nothing about her. :| Anyway, she looks pretty healthy, and the only think odd I found was her ears. I've never had a rabbits ears look like this....? :? I'm assuming it's normal, and just a skin pattern, but I thought I'd ask just incase. (I don't want to sell a rabbit with problems!)

One ear:
image.jpg

The other ear:
image.jpg

And her is a picture of her:
image.jpg

It's just pigment, nothing at all to worry about.

She is not a mini Rex, but she sure is a cute little thing. :)

Rex rabbits have super short fur, generally a half inch long, like velvet. Dead giveaway, Rex have curly whiskers. I can tell by the way the light hits the coat, Rex pictures usually look like a mat finish, the coat seems to absorb the light.

Because many rabbits breeds are similiar in body type, unless they are a breed with a unique feature like Rex, Angora, Beveren,---, ther eis almost no way to say it's one particular breed.

Definitely not any kind of rex.

It's a harlequin colored...something. Haha. It's an easy color to get from crosses, but, I think there may be some actual harlequin in there, comparing the face, eye, body structure and fur color to mine.

Adult weight would provide another clue.

Latest posts

Back