My boy can`t find a hole

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nika

Reaction score
7 months old, all his (and hers) parts seem fine, doe is ready, he is ready, but it is his first time and he just can`t finnish. He did once, all over her back but that is it. I am trying three times a day for the last three days and he never once hit the hole. He is like a half smaller than her but I belive that shouldn`t be a problem. He also doesn˙t like if I lift the doe or something, he just stop. All three of us are becoming a little frustrated and we wonder if there is something we can do to help the poor thing score :D

Either slide her around so he's right behind her, or slide him behind her and let nature take it's course. He will get there..... just be patient.

If he is half the size of her then that could be a problem because he's only got so much to give and if she's got a big rear end he just might not make it to the spot.

Practice, Practice, Practice. Cumin got luck with Tartar on the 8th but Coconut is being coy, and he has no idea how to deal with her, other than scratch her and kick her. :p :lol: :lol:

I'm seeing a trip to Grumpy's in my future. :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't be so quick to say he didn't make it. My buck is half the size of my doe, and I didn't think he could do it, but BOY was I wrong! 31 days later I found a litter of 8 kits-- the first litter. He has proven himself worthy. :lol: :mrgreen:

Easy ears, did yours fall off? Mine won`t. I look at them quite closely and he is getting close, but not close enough.

Today I put her with him, and the doe just flipped on the side with that "just do it somehow :roll: " look. I never saw any doe do that.

I also tried him with a doe his size but she wasn`t ready. <br /><br /> -- Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:00 pm -- <br /><br /> He did it!:) So hopefully (due to the past week heatwave and his first time sperm) we are expecting.

Is it OK to put another doe with him tommorow or should I wait longer?

Easy ears, did yours fall off? Mine won`t. I look at them quite closely and he is getting close, but not close enough.

I don't really understand the whole "fall off thing." Is it just them sliding off her back when they are done? I've never had a buck do that.

He did it!:) So hopefully (due to the past week heatwave and his first time sperm) we are expecting.

Yay! :) It should be fine to do it the next day. I've heard you can even put another doe in a few hours afterwards. It's good to give them a break though. ;)

Easy Ears":1mydmvd9 said:

I don't really understand the whole "fall off thing." Is it just them sliding off her back when they are done? I've never had a buck do that.

He did it!:) So hopefully (due to the past week heatwave and his first time sperm) we are expecting.

Yay! :) It should be fine to do it the next day. I've heard you can even put another doe in a few hours afterwards. It's good to give them a break though. ;)

Typically after a buck ejaculates he does a little hop. Some will hop and then slide off. Some will hop and totally fall over.

Once a buck has found the right hole, he knows what to do. If you need to cover the does head and pull her tail up

I have the same problem you had. Except my buck has been at it over a year with 2 litters. He has even been left caged with does or in colony with does for months at a time and nothing. He tries and tries but never hits the mark and the does don't like to lift for him. I had a doe fail to lift daily for 3 weeks and then gave up and threw her in a cage with another buck. She lifted and he covered her 3 times within a minute. Had a litter of 4. I've tried to help including the tying a string to the does tail so you can help lift her without bothering them and no success. I am finding a pet home for my buck.

I had an incredibly tiny netherland buck who was my best breeder. I occasionally used him on something else like a mini rex if the doe was difficult about her first breeding so size is not a problem with a buck who doesn't have overall problems already.

Latest posts

Back