Rabbit Terminology

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver Willow

Reaction score
At the moment I am working on our new rabbitry website, and had the idea of adding a page on 'Rabbit Terminology' to it. I'm sure there was a thread on here a while ago with all of that, but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know where abouts it is (or if it even exists :oops: ), or have a few terms that I might want to include?

Thanks!

Silver Willow":7a8idtll said:
I'm sure there was a thread on here a while ago with all of that, but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know where abouts it is (or if it even exists :oops: )

Of course it exists! This is RT, after all. ;)

Here ya go:

post14595.html

He he, thought so... just checking :roll:

Thank you, though! <br /><br /> __________ Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:23 pm __________ <br /><br /> I just have a few questions for all you rabbit experts out there, as I'm getting a bit stuck on some of this. Quite interesting what I've learned researching!

What exactly is a 'Fuzzy', and is it something I should even bother adding to my list if the majority of people we sell to right now are just wanting a pet?

Are there any terms you've heard of/ used that our current market might find interesting?

I'm trying to keep this website informative, yet fairly simply for a wide range of knowledgable (and not so knowledgable) people to understand. So if you guys have any tips or anything, I'd be happy to hear them c:

If I have caught the gist of it correctly, a "Fuzzy" is a rabbit that grows wool, in spite of the fact that it is not a wool breed.

It would be a "sport", an anomaly, like the one branch on the white blooming tree that is blooming pink for no apparent reason -- not even grafted.

I am sure I will be swiftly corrected if this is wrong. :p

Even if I'm right, I'm sure someone will give you a much better definition. I am guessing that this would not be a useful term to add to your list.

Miss M":18ncuz0h said:
If I have caught the gist of it correctly, a "Fuzzy" is a rabbit that grows wool, in spite of the fact that it is not a wool breed.

Correct, and a very nice definition. :)

I am sure I will be swiftly corrected if this is wrong. :p

Sadly, much as I (and many other members I'm sure ;) ) would relish whacking you thoroughly with "the chair", in this case we cannot do so with a clear conscience. :cry:

I am guessing that this would not be a useful term to add to your list.

It is commonly used (at least in north America), so may merit inclusion on the list with a disclaimer that it is not an official designation.

MamaSheepdog":1p0pr1p1 said:
Miss M":1p0pr1p1 said:

Correct, and a very nice definition. :)
Thank you. :) See, I have been paying attention.

Sadly, much as I (and many other members I'm sure ;) ) would relish whacking you thoroughly with "the chair", in this case we cannot do so with a clear conscience. :cry:
:nana:

It is commonly used (at least in north America), so may merit inclusion on the list with a disclaimer that it is not an official designation.
I figured it might not be useful for her particular list, but it certainly wouldn't hurt for it to be there.

Latest posts

Back