loss of hair. Wat is it?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been having trouble with two sisters lately, one of them constantly feeling the need to express dominance over the other. It won't be a problem much longer. But sometimes two rabbits just won't get along no matter what you do, and they have to be kept apart. It sounds like even though your bucks are still relatively young, one of them is being picked on by the other and needs his own space.

You never know... I separated Pearl's litter (I was late, about 14 weeks), and had two for sure that were bucks. I found later that one of the ones I was unsure about was also a buck, so I added him to the buck cage. A few days later, I discovered that the other I was unsure about was also a buck, so I added him. Later still, one of the girls turned out to be a boy, so I added him. Each time, there was a brief spat as the pecking order was rearranged, and then calm was restored. They have no problem together. The two remaining girls are a different story.

I'm glad you gave the doe her own cage. It's not good for them to have babies too young.

Another problem you may encounter with the bucks together is that they may spray urine on each other as they mature. Boys will be boys! Needless to say this is not fun, trying to clean yucky stinky rabbit pee off their fur.

There are several reasons why a rabbit is losing hair, and some of them quite normal and a sign of health or behavior problems. Not caring properly, Bacterial Infection, Fighting among rabbits or Hormone Imbalance. You just take a advice from rabbit doctors.

Is it? Now I get the full details about the losing hair of rabbit. It is such a superb and best advice for my home rabbit.

Back