Help with chewing bunny

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BellaBunny02

Reaction score
I have a wonderful female chocolate rex bunny who is litter trained and very sweet.
However, she does have a chewing issue. Every time I bring her out of the cage she chews on my clothes or any other cloth she can get her teeth on. I do provide LOTS of toys and chewing material for her teeth, but she still does it. Any suggestions on how to break this habit? :D

Dood":2x808op2 said:
What is her main diet?

Does she have a salt lick?

Is she spayed?

Bella eats primarily alfalfa hay and pellets, as well as fresh fruits and veggies.

She does have a salt lick, and she is spayed :)

BellaBunny02":2gs8a1jq said:
Dood":2gs8a1jq said:
What is her main diet?

Is she spayed?

Bella eats primarily alfalfa hay and pellets, as well as fresh fruits and veggies.

Well that rules out any physiological reasons she might want to nibble on clothes so it must be mental and you'll just have to train her not to do it

Maybe offer her a bunny safe bit of cloth only when she's out of her cage

Try scolding her when she nibbles and if she listens and stops offer a different thing (a twig of apple or Willow) to nibble instead

Dood":2b1t1rpn said:
BellaBunny02":2b1t1rpn said:
Dood":2b1t1rpn said:
What is her main diet?

Is she spayed?

Well that rules out any physiological reasons she might want to nibble on clothes so it must be mental and you'll just have to train her not to do it

Maybe offer her a bunny safe bit of cloth only when she's out of her cage

Try scolding her when she nibbles and if she listens and stops offer a different thing (a twig of apple or Willow) to nibble instead

okay, thanks!

How old is she? Because it's pretty normal for young bunnies to chew.
You should still discourage her from doing it, but if she's a baby, with some patience, she should outgrow it.

Latest posts

Back