Do does "thump" at 9 weeks old?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmywalt

Reaction score
We got a new mini lop "doe" yesterday that is 9 weeks old. When we look to see if "it's" a doe or buck it's extremely difficult to tell. The part pops up, but also is a slit.

One thing we notice is when we bring it in the house and sit it on a blanket (that has had other bunnies on it), it will thump one time. We can't remember ever having a female "thump", so we are wondering if this is indication of it actually being a buck???

Attached are pictures. HOW CAN I UPLOAD MORE THAN 1 PICTURE????

Thank you.

DSC_7740_resize.JPG
[

My does thump!
I have a pair of battling sisters right now who are thumping it up as I type :)

To add another picture (if using the uploader on the forum, just repeat the process you did for the first (upload photo, add to post, place inline) :)

I have seen them thump at that age.

Is it a mini lop or holland lop?

My does complain more than my bucks and I've seen kits thump at me. When I have a litter that doesn't get handled a lot in the nest box they have a tendency to thump at me later. I haven't noticed more of one gender of kit thumping than the other.

Some rabbits thump more, others less. Character thing. Beside being a warning imho it also can mean "I'm grumpy, fed up, for no reason at all"

Skittish ones and buns not used to beeing handled tend to thump more when in an unfamiliar situation. Can't tell any difference between does or bucks.

Yeah, all rabbits may thump. Sometimes they do it for alarm, Bucks may do it after mating.
Some have been said to do it for attention.
If I introduce two litters of growouts I usually see a little thumping. That's the most conflict I see though, so I don't mind.

Latest posts

Back