Dirty bunny butt

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Br'er

Reaction score
I went to see bunny today that someone posted on craigslist. First time bunny owner here so I went in with a checklist thanks to some sweet Rabbit Talk friends who gave me a heads up on what to ask ;) He looked healthy overall, eyes looked bright no drainage, ears were clean, teeth and toe nails looked great, but his rear end had some stains maybe from urine or feces, I don't know. I'm leaning towards passing on this guy because I've read that this can indicate something else going on. What are your thoughts?

It could go either way - I had one that had quite a bit and it was partly from vent disease. Another just had too big of poop to go through the wire... that just happened to be her chose spot to lay.

So many people, shopping for their first rabbits, get talked into (or talk themselves into) buying a rabbit with something a little off.
They buy hoping for the best, but it may not work out that way. It may be nothing, but why start off with a potential problem?

I agree with MaggieJ.

There are too high of chances of something going wrong with even a perfect-seeming rabbit.
No need to add a little extra risk to the situation.

Hey, at least you know what to look for! I didn't discover RT until much later and ended up with a rabbit that had horrendous ear mites that took me months to get under control. Definitely don't settle just because it's there... been there, done that, not worth it.

I feel so lucky that I found DBA on CL, and he gave us the most beautiful, and sweet bunnies. He also directed me to RT to help me learn everything I need to know about raising rabbits.

11750712_801418143308108_7308660927181570084_n.jpg

This is the face my doe made right after I caught her dumping her food! :lol:

68193_801418456641410_799195274039497629_n.jpg

Hahaha! Naughty girl!!

Beautiful rabbits though!
I agree 100%. You will never regret finding a decent breeder and getting a healthy, nice rabbit. Don't take chances!!

Hahaha!!! She looks ashamed, lol. Love that pic.

And thanks for the kind words. I don't know a lot about rabbits, but i try to raise healthy happy hoppers.

Oh dear! Can you say "GUILTY" hahahaha :lol:
This is the face my doe made right after I caught her dumping her food! :lol:

68193_801418456641410_799195274039497629_n.jpg
[/quote]

Back