Nipping?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have 2 Harlequin/Checkered Giant cross does. They are about 12 weeks old now, and are usually very very sweet. The first doe would always lick my hand, or nose, and I loved it, lol. This last week they both have been doing this thing where if they hop on me they dig pretty roughly at the shirt I am wearing, and bite it a few times. It wouldn't be a bother, but they're doing it to the point that they are biting my skin, and leaving small red marks through my shirt. Oswin, the larger cross will nip if you get your hand near her face. (Never used to do that.) She like sniffs it, then nips at it.

Idk if they are mad at me, because the have been in the house with me, because our 2 Cal does decided the hutch outside was their space, and started fights with the cross does. I'm hoping is a temp thing out of spite, and not a further issue for them. They're beautiful buns, and I would love to see their colors on some kits, before we had to send them to freezer camp.

Does anyone know what might be going on with them?

Could be age. If they are entering bunny puberty and horemones are taking over they might grow out of it.

I really hope that's what it is. I'd hate to see them have to go, but August loves to pet the rabbits, and I do not want her to get bit.

Also: 7 I swear he is like a dog. Loves to cuddle, and be held. All the Cals have such a great temperament!

Back