Crazy pup!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I posted the other day about two of our 9 week old pups fighting so we have been putting one up, leaving the other out. Our plan was to rotate them out so they could enjoy some free time with the kids and the other pup we still have (going to it's new home next week). I went out this morning to find all 3 together! I texted DH to ask him if he had let Star (the agressive one) out, he said yes, the he had switched her and Scout (the picked on one). Well, Scout's out too! He asked if maybe one of the kids had opened the kennel door but no. I went out, looked around the perimeter, couldn't figure out how she got out (yet the other one hadn't in the couple days she had been in there) :hmm: . I had a flashback to a Jim Kjelgaard book we read about one of the pups climbing a 5 ft chainlink fence but thought surely not. Sure enough, I put Scout back in and went to check on rabbits. I heard the chainlink rattling and she was about 12" off the ground!! I start toward her... by the time I make it across the yard she is at the top of the 4' fence and jumping down. Little booger!!

I guess we will have to reevaluate our plans for fencing in pups...

If you aren't opposed, I've found a bit of hot wire to work wonders when I began to find my dogs perching on the top and center rungs of my six foot wooden fence and I couldn't keep them from putting their paws on the top of my four foot chainlink. They only touched it, maybe, twice each and now they peak over the fence by springing or standing tall like giant meerkats. I used a .1 joule fence charger and it isn't terribly painful for me to come into contact with, feels a but like a bee sting or an ant bite, and the pain doesn't linger.

Back