What about a razor comb for woolies?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
As we have already had a "mishap" using scissors and its not time yet to get clippers, how do you think a razor comb would work for getting the wool off a young French Angora?

I've thought about using one but have never tried one. I have used a sewing thread cutter to help cut throught matts. It's slow but safe. A comb between the rabbit and scissors would help avoid mishaps.

The hair on an angora is so fine, chances are it would not cut or would not cut for very long. Even very sharp clipper blades designed for very fine hair only cut 2-3 times before the person has to send them out to be sharpened.

I also use the comb between the rabbit and scissors to avoid mishaps.

Razor comb did NOT work, neither have two kinds of clippers. The only thing I have found that will cut his hair are super sharp kitchen scissors. The clippers worked fine on our hair but just buzzed against the bunnies.

How on EARTH does one get the knots out safely on a badly matted up Angora? He is as good as gold but after about 40 min MY back is all in as is his patience as I nibble away at the knots with my razor sharp scissors.

I cut the whole body clean.

Use my fingers to separate, cutting when needed.

Put a comb between skin and mat and cut it out

Use afropick to separate the mat. <br /><br /> __________ Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:01 pm __________ <br /><br /> Angola breeders often use a #10 blade. Which I believe gives a surgical close cut. 2-3 clips and blades need to be sharpened. Most pet clippers will blow out or overheat for what it takes to clip angora

Latest posts

Back