rabbits are awesome

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I love our pet rabbits too.

This is my son's rabbit, Sushi.

He's wearing a shirt.
The velveteens never seem to get the "I hate you for dressing me" glare.
Instead, they wear pet-clothes like it's cool to be in them. :cool:

Attachments

• GEDC4338.JPG
    GEDC4338.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 2,910
AAAWWWWwww, *adds velveteen to want list*..You guys are killing me, I only wanted to raise meat and now I want everything! I am not going to become a hoarder, I am not going to become a hoarder, I am not going to become a hoarder...Oh well my neighbor is the crazy cat lady so I can be the crazy bunny lady... :lol: .

Ramjet":153sjiq8 said:
@ Zass

Is a velveteen lop just a lop eared rex ?!

Not quite. They are supposed to be smaller than rex, Below 6.5 lbs, and the ears are to to be set back far and low, crownless, like an english lop. (Sushi doesn't quite achieve this, as I prefer the "pigtails" look you get a very slight amount of crown) The body shape is to be mandolin.

Initially their ears were to be proportionately thicker and shorter than an e-lop's to make them better house pets.
The new "official goal" for the breed is to produce a velveteen lop that is exactly like a miniature english lop with rexed fur, and that requires much longer and thinner ears, to get the show pose right.

Back