Meet Petunia!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is my new baby!! She is a 9 week old Lionhead rex mix! She was the runt of the litter and is the cutest thing ever!! :bunnyhop:
[album]3188[/album][album]3187[/album][album]3186[/album]

Anyone have any suggestions for helping to bond with her? And making her ok with being held and groomed?

Go slow and use her favorite treats. A little handling each day will be good to start with. A little before the end of the handling giver her a treat while holding her. Put her away in her cage after she is done with the treat. You want to build trust first.

PS: She is adorable.

When working with animals, I don't care if its a dog, a horse, or whatever. Do one second holds first and then build to two seconds and so on.
If you take hold of a foot, or whatever, don't hold it for more than a second or two at first. If you insist on holding longer, the animal will go into escape mode.
Then, one of several things will happen, it will jerk the foot away, and learn it can, or it will pull and if it can't may bite you, or really freak out an no longer trust you.
If you only hold it a second and then let go. It will learn that you won't trap it and it will relax. If you hold to long, and it panics, go back to the short hold until
it learns that you will let go in just a few more seconds. This makes it much easier to trim its nails and hold it like you want to.
I groom dogs, and I get so much business, because, even hard to handle dogs only take about two grooms, to really improve and relax with me.

SHE'S ADORABLE!!!! :p :p Can't get enough of her, so cute. I already posted on this buuut...cuteness. cannot stay away from da cuteness :D

Latest posts

Back