Better to have one single rabbit, or a bonded pair ?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a suggestion. .take a look at suzie s set up..she has 4 or 5 and nit a lot of issues..I think it's due to lots of space and stimulating toys...she is pretty new to bunnies too but is doing a great job. :)

katiebear":2jii3adv said:
Just a suggestion. .take a look at suzie s set up..she has 4 or 5 and nit a lot of issues..I think it's due to lots of space and stimulating toys...she is pretty new to bunnies too but is doing a great job. :)

I'll be posting some new pictures soon :D

Although I have had rabbits over the years, we are new to housing multiple buns.
I cannot get over how vastly different their personalities can be, and how strong their personal preferences.
We were getting one...we have 14 not counting babies LOL

The only ones I have together are a pair of sisters and a pair of brothers and only as long as all is calm (they are just 12 weeks).
I have a mother and daughter who want nothing to do with each other.
I have two unrelated young bucks who enjoy being side by side.
I have a 2 lb buck and a 14 lb buck who loathe each other.
I have a doe who pouts unless she has another doe beside her.
And my FG buck adores my FG cross doe-- they used to be caged side by side and now he runs loose but his chill space is always beneath her pen.

I accommodate where I can, to make for happy bunnies but having seen how complex their relations are, I never put two together in the same space outside in the grazing pens or otherwise because it can go south so quickly.

We love having all their differences but I think successful bonded pairs take a lot of luck, space and neutering!

Back