Went To My First Show...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Yesterday.

Had a ton of fun and met some people I'd only talked to online. Went with a good friend of mine, she and I figured we'd test the water, and it is always easier to do something new like this with someone you know.

Caught on pretty easy, and learned a whole lot.

It was a double ARBA show - Brooklin Ontario. I showed a broken tort lionhead sr doe, a black lionhead sr doe and a tort holland lop jr buck(all 3 bred by me). My friend showed a choc tort lionhead jr doe, a choc otter holland lop jr buck and a broken tort holland lop jr doe(both jr does were bred by me).

Show A
BOV Broken Lionhead
2nd Black Lionhead
2nd Solid Jr HL Buck

My Friend had 3rd tort LH
3rd solid jr HL Buck
and 2nd broken jr HL doe

Show B
BOV Broken Lionhead
BOV Black Lionhead
2nd Solid Jr HL buck

My friend got 3rd solid jr HL buck
2nd broken Jr hl doe

and BOSB LIONHEAD!!!!!!!! I think I am more excited for her winning with a rabbit I bred than I would have been winning for myself!!!

I managed to come home with no extra rabbits(though I didn't sell the rabbit I took to sell).

It was a lot of fun, and we're looking to do it again in the fall!

I think it hit her harder than me, Maggie, she's already talking about going to NY for ARBA shows.

I'm definitely looking to go to other shows, I liked getting the opinion of others on my rabbits and learned so much(in fact, still processing it all!!) But not too sure about how I feel about going to the US to show. I fear I will not like he crowds at a larger show.

Wow, Bad Habit, congrats! :congratulations: Sounds as if you had a great time out there.
And why won't you come to the US? We are a pretty nice bunch...yes, really. Come on down! :p

First shows are ones you will never forget. The experience is like no other, especially when you are stricken with "the bug".

Then one day you make your way into a convention or a breed national. :lol:

Then one day you run for a directorship in your national breed specialty club and are expected to attend all national shows, regardless of where they're held.

Is it bad that I was thinking of joining the ARBA specifically so I can try and get BEW lionheads passed??

Bad Habit":35k40hbg said:
Is it bad that I was thinking of joining the ARBA specifically so I can try and get BEW lionheads passed??
YES DO IT !!!
I am working on BEW lionheads as well... here is my 3 generation: (still needs work), but hope you beat me to it :D
His saddle is not as clearly defined as I hoped... but, ahhh... that's a process...

Attachments

• Scotty.jpg
    Scotty.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,737
haha, it would take me 5 years to be able to take on the COD for BEW.

I have my first 2 bews in the nest right now :D

There is... But it's been dropped twice, and one of the two people currently holding it died rather recently, so I don't know if the other 1/2 will keep going with the COD or will drop it.

Random Rabbit":1bh9rjha said:
and Many try but Few succeed . :p

Evil. Don't say evil things like that... ALL of my varieties are currently unaccepted but have a COD...

Bad Habit":1segcqhl said:

Absolutely, joint the ARBA. The more the merrier, and you have to be an ARBA member in good standing to enter rabbits @ convention.

Back