Register

New on the block

Site News, Announcements, Posting Guidelines and Introductions.
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Female
BunnyBucks: 180.00

New on the block

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Desolim » Sun May 03, 2015 6:46 pm

I've posted a couple of times here and there, I guess its time for an introduction post xD

My name is Destyni(you can call me Des or Desolim), I'm a 21 year-old artist. I work on my (hopefully future) in-laws farm/garden and I love animals of all shapes and sizes!
I have a Pembroke Welsh corgi named Guinevere, a ball python named Sir Leopold II, and a couple of leopard geckos. I collect retro video games(with my boyfriend) and I've recently taken up collecting gen 1 My Little Pony toys xD
I have a love for genetics and used to breed pet rats(mostly siamese/himilayans and American blues, all dumbo).
I've been interested in breeding meat rabbits for a few years now. I don't like how chickens are treated on commercial farms, but I like meat so I was interested in learning how to humanely raise my own xD
Given my interest in genetics, I need to do some research into rabbits!
Anyways, I've been given the go-ahead on using a section of the farm for my rabbits and the BF and I have been working on setting up an area. I keep jumping between different plans (rabbit breed wise) but I hope to be acquiring some soon!

That's all I can think of at the moment, the sun has gotten to my head xD

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 735.00

Re: New on the block

Post Number:#2  Unread postby II Arrows » Sun May 03, 2015 7:25 pm

Welcome aboard. I'm pretty much a rookie myself at raising rabbits. There is a wealth of information here by some very knowledgeable people. If you have any questions or concerns about something, someone here will always guide you in the best direction.

I raise and breed New Zealands and Californian's for my meat rabbits. That should be a good breed to start out with.

Site Supporter
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 13,053.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Sun May 03, 2015 8:07 pm

welcome- and when you have questions-- ask-- there are quite a few experienced breeders here.
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens.

11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 56,231.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby Miss M » Sun May 03, 2015 10:29 pm

Welcome to RabbitTalk, Des! :welcomewagon:

You have come to the right place! :) We raise meat rabbits, too... we still have some of our original mutt line, we have Californians, and just started with Standard Rex.
We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
- James Madison

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 21,202.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Marinea » Sun May 03, 2015 10:34 pm

Welcome to RT!

There are several of us here who raise both meat rabbits AND chickens, so feel free to ask questions. As far as my rabbits, I raise New Zealands, just not the white ones. When it comes to chickens, I am all about Lavender and Buff Orpingtons.
Bird House Farm
Organic heirloom farming on a small scale

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 5,920.00

Post Number:#6  Unread postby funnies50 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:51 pm

Welcome to RabbitTalk, Desolim. :) You're gonna love it around here. If you have questions just ask - there's a lot of experienced rabbit owners around here! Not gonna freak you out (yet) but there are also some very intense topics...okay, forget I said anything :lol: Welcome anyway!! :P

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 4,787.00

Post Number:#7  Unread postby katiebear » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Hi, and welcome...as others have said this is the best forum for all and I do mean ALL things rabbit.And other subjects too...the folks here are friendly and helpful,as I have learned there is no such thing as a dumb question...so ask anything and spend some time in the older threads there is a wealth of information there.
I raise Flemish cross meat mutt,my current and ongoing goal is heat tolerance..it's going well my next season is litter size..raising that lot now... :D I have a small backyard flock of chickens as well Black Asrolop(sp?) and leghorn they're a lot of fun.. :P
Last edited by katiebear on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 5,736.00

Post Number:#8  Unread postby TF3 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:20 pm

Welcome!
(I have 4 or 5 of the original G1 MLPs from when my daughter went through a MLP phase a while back ;) )
We're new here, too.
I have Flemish Giants, my daughter has Holland Lops and we are just getting our meat mutts launched with a couple litters on the way.
Lori
Chief Rabbit Wrangler and Homeschooling Mom
(Fiber & Dye Artisan, too)
Flying Moon Farm
Standard Rex & Meat Mutts
Facebook & Instagram
South River, ON
est. 2015
"Learn something new every day" <--- 2015 Goal

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 4,950.00

Post Number:#9  Unread postby Zinnia » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:21 pm

Welcome from another Corgi owner. I LOVE my girl!