Well, that didn't work out

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack":3sjq8glt said:
Though tempting to rip you up one side and down another,...
But thanks for understanding and not being judgmental......
I'm not being judgemental - judgemental would be saying if you know siamese are difficult why would you bring a cat into your house without being neuetered - were you trying to set him up to fail to make yourself "right" about your concerns? If so that's a lousy thing to do to your wife and to the cat - not to mention the other cats in the house .. I said none of that - in fact I didn't even think it until I tried to think of how I could have been judgemental
- and if you think you can rip me up one side and down the other on the net go ahead - it won't bother me a bit
I live with cats - including Siamese - and do paid behavioural consults for people trying to keep cats in homes .. sometimes changing homes is absolutely the best thing for everyone involved .. sometimes the issues can be solved. You've returned him to whoever .. I hope they neueter him before placing him again or he's just going to spiral down into a horrid place
for anybody else reading this thread - neutering and a vet visit to rule out any physical concerns is the best place to start tackling an issue like this ..<br /><br />__________ Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:11 pm __________<br /><br />

Brody, read what I wrote
NOT A GOOD MATCH
sorry, not giving up my kids....
not getting rid of my older cat...
not getting rid of my dog....

he was a rescue, a they took him from another friend going out of state, then they couldn't keep him...
I was told
No spraying
good with kids
used to dogs
don't know about other cat

he didn't spray for the first 2 1/2 weeks (and if its a problem, usually they start right away when they are trying to get territory)
He got along with the kids
he and the other cat had issues...
and after afew good fights they sorted it out

HE IS DEATHLY AFRAID OF DOGS... (and it took a while to figure that one out, as he hid when the kids were up and the dog out)

Left the dog out when we were gone, she is fine, mostly stay in her crate in her dog bed.
come home, cats pissed in the kids room, and its NOT a litter box issue...
two cats in the house
next, just like I said earlier , every time we leave, sprays the bed...
finally, pisses on us while we are asleep in bed...and our other cat was out

so, hes in the pound now, because, unlike most of the cat 'rescues' locally (and the good ones are, surprise full) they actually try to get the cats adopted. And his nuts will be chopped first. And he is marked as a Only Cat, No Dogs, good with children...

So brody where did I screw up????
taking the only Siamese available, waiting for our vet appointment???
Cause, what we wanted was a 4month or younger female, spayed kitten, but those seem hard to find...

I had edited my response .. and of course the edit hasn't come through which is a shame ...... I wasn't being judgemental - and I'm not blaming you ... it's a sad situation ...

Actually brody what could I have done different, when he pissed in the back room, he was taken back there and told no before I cleaned, it, he ran away before I could put him in the potty box, and from the way he acted, I doubt that was the first time in his life that had happens, when he got the bed, same, second time, it was a matter of waiting, to find out who, cause, from my experience, once that behavior of targeted pissing on stuff starts, it doesn't end. And relating this to friends and family, has gotten me a lot of, 'O I remember XXX, she/he used to spray so and so, only person they did that too...'

From my expierence, the only/best way to fix this problem is to get the cat rehomed, I'm sure not being fixed didn't help (we were working on that, but see we are broke, and $120-200 is outside of what we can afford, so clinic is only once a month)

__________ Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:33 pm __________

Oh, and for stress, he came from a house with 3 dogs, the smallest was the bulldog, think the other was a mastiff and great dane. So thats why I didn't think a dog was going to stress him, as for bladder infections, my experience with that, is that the cat pees in their 'spots' not pees, but more leaks
and not the litter box, that was clean and accessible (my other cat has a corner, where the shoes are, grr...) that she hits up to show her displeasure.
So, that leaves behavior.<br /><br />__________ Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:35 pm __________<br /><br />

Anybody read "When Elephants Weep" It is a very informative book and reinforces that Anthropomorphism is OKAY-- as ALL of us have the LIMBIC brain, which is the seat of emotions-An animals emotions may not be exactly the same as ours, but they are present--

#A cat knows exactly how we feel. They don't give a d**n, but they know#
from a mug I have!!!

Latest posts

Back