Register

Hello from MN!

Site News, Announcements, Posting Guidelines and Introductions.
7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 1,040.00

Hello from MN!

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Pepperoni » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:35 am

Hey all!

Not sure if anyone will remember me, it's been about 1.5 years since I've been on here I think. Just thought I'd pop in here and give an update about my life and since I'm in a new area possibly make some new connections :)

Some of you may remember that I used to live in Michigan with my husband, daughter, dogs, goats, chickens, guineas and my precious rabbits. I had mainly was raising standard rex but also had my meat mutts. Life happens, and shortly after I learned that I was pregnant with our second child my husband wanted a divorce. That winter I was forced to take my daughter and one of our dogs and move in with my parents. All of my other animals were either sold or given away. I had to get rid of EVERYTHING animal related except for my geriatric Boston Terrier and her belongings.

Anyway... happier news.
Since then I've been living in the Duluth, MN area. I had a beautiful, healthy baby boy in April of last year (hard to believe he's already one!) I'm going back to school to become a surgical technologist and my classes are going very well. I'm working as a library assistant and occasionally doing some in-home dog grooming. My divorce was finalized rather quickly and without incident. I have even met someone new and things with him seem to be going nicely.

Now that my life has settled back down I'm really starting to miss all of my animals. I don't live in a place where I can keep large livestock anymore, but I'm going to start rebuilding my rabbitry I think. Rabbit time was always my zen time. I need to get that back, even if on a much smaller scale.

I've been thinking that since I have to start over from scratch that I'm going to try a new breed. Due to our severe winters here, and the frigid wind that comes off of Lake Superior, I'm thinking I'll stick to a smaller breed so that I can bring them indoors in the winter. I'd really like to get some velveteen lops, then again who wouldn't :lol:

I'm hoping to pop into the Itasca RBA show June 20th to look around and meet some of the local rabbit people. Anyone here going to that?

So.... That's my story. I hope the last 1.5 - 2 years have been positive and productive ones for you, my friends! It's good to be back!

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 4,787.00

Re: Hello from MN!

Post Number:#2  Unread postby katiebear » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:40 pm

Hi!!welcome back! I remember you telling us about the baby and the break up..I'm so very happy that things are going well for you. ..it sounds like you have done great by your kids ...and yourself. :D ..
I guess the rabbit bug never goes away. .I hope you find perfect little buns for your new start..

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 21,202.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Marinea » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:46 pm

Welcome back! So very glad to hear that things are turning around for you. My hopes that they only continue to get better.

Hope you find the rabbits of your dreams at the show!
Bird House Farm
Organic heirloom farming on a small scale

Site Supporter
6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 6,353.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby EnglishSpot » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:14 pm

I recall your moniker from reading through the old threads--Pepperoni stands out!!

I am sorry that happened to you but I am glad the last year or so is finally looking up. :) Welcome back!!
"Not doing anything is still making a choice."

Check out my rabbitry! http://www.facebook.com/SoaringGooseRabbits/

New Blog: https://soaringgooserabbits.wordpress.com/