two boys and a girl?!--nope! two girls and a boy....!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cereshill

Reaction score
So, I re checked the little white angora fluff balls last night---there are two shes and only one "he"! Yahoo for me!!!!!

They are 2.5 months, so I will soon divide the fella to allow him some space and allow the gals to mature.

With angoras, what is a good first breeding age?

Thanks,
CH

With french..you really need to see how they're growing. So many of the breeders let them go until they're a year old to breed...so that they're fully developed and you get a year's worth of wool. They're a BIG breed. and a lot of their growing goes into that glorious fiber...

I wish we could get input from Rabbitgeek. He's had angoras for a long time, and can give better answers....

but..yes, I'd pull the boy now. and 6 months would be my MINIMUM time line for the breeding...so that would be May 1 if they were born November 1.
Remember, they'll need good protein to grow well. 16% minimum. AND some good grassy hay for fiber block prevention.

They are on 16% pellets and hay every other day---they are fluffy little monsters!

Looks like francois is moving today... :) he can romance them from afar.

Yes, take him out. I left my French Angora couple together until about 16 weeks and then had a surprise....uh....well it wasn't a litter since it was in the middle of winter and I had no clue. I only know what happen because of some pieces that fell into the pan that she didn't get to clean up. :shock: You don't want to deal with that, trust me.

Back