Disappearing act.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ncrabbit

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
i have a Cali doe that has a litter 1 week old yesterday. When I was cleaning the nest box I only found 10 when there was 11 the day before. I double checked the nest box and the surrounding area around the cage but no baby. I found no blood in the nest box and no sign anywhere. This is the second litter this doe has had since she has been with me. She had several with her previous owner with no problems. I'm thinking she may have eaten it????. There were two in the litter that are smaller than the rest but not by much and this was not one of them. Any ideas? :?:

As unlikely as it seems, it's also possible that it managed to wriggle out of the cage and was snapped up by a predator.

I had a predator problem in the past so I moved the does and baby's into the garage until they can go into the grow out cages. I may have something in my garage. It wouldn't be the first time. Will give it a pretty good going over tonight.

Back