Flemish Giant~ grooming (and take a peek at Bigwig)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TF3

Reaction score
There seems to be an absence of showing info out there for FGs~ I figured there would be lots of videos... and I can't even dig up the ARBA standard (and I am pretty handy with google, usually!).
I found a few videos of actual classes, at least!

We are planning to try a DRCBA show (Ontario).
Bigwig is a senior (April 2014), light grey.
He wasn't handled until we got him this April, but he is doing well, and I am introducing the clicker to him to help with handling in general, and for show.
He is free by day in the rabbitry, so I am working on teaching him to go to his crate at night, as well~ he is too big to wrestle with!
I know this isn't a show stack, but this is the guy:
adbw.jpg

Keeping in mind my show experience is dogs... :lol:
I assume rabbits are a little more, um, low maintenance?

Even so, what should I do before a show~
trim nails?
brush, make sure fur is clean, underbits are clean?
what about yellowed foot pads?
ears and eyes are clean?
Nothing needs trimming, right?

Oh, he's so handsome!!!

Dunno how well he'll do at show, but I wouldn't worry too much. Just check over every part of him and make sure he's in good health. The nails probably should be freshly trimmed. The foot fur doesn't look excessively stained from here.
The judges are generally pretty good at getting them to pose.

He may DQ, so be prepared for that possibility.

And a final thought...
I believe you have been giving him the run of the rabbitry?

After returning from the show, you may want to quarantine him for a bit, just in case.

He is handsome :)
I don't mind if he DQs-- it is all good info to have, whatever his strengths and weaknesses.

Oh, good point about quarantine!
I wonder about the risks of attending shows.
I don't think I'll put any of my stock in local fairs as I think the conditions would be too much stress.

Latest posts

Back